ACCOUNT OF THE EXERCISE:
So that there will never be any confusion regarding the spirit of the dog, we ask it to attack the Decoy. The decoy must signal his presence. The decoy must present himself/herself clearly for the first 10 m that the dog runs in order to draw the dog’s attention to the decoy. For the Face Attacks, the decoy must attract the dog with the stick. If need be, the Judge will send the Decoy out 10 to 20 m, then authorize the dog to be sent out as soon as the Decoy is behind the obstacle. To take his place, the Decoy must clear the obstacle each time, whenever possible.
– The Decoy should place himself at least 5 m behind the obstacle. He must not charge the dog while it is in the air. If he wants to charge the dog, he must adjust the distance to maintain the 5 m distance from the obstacle.
– For each attack, the decoy must absorb the dog while maintaining the line of attack. Avoiding is not allowed on entry. If the absorbing movement is too anticipated, it becomes an involuntary avoidance by the decoy. If this happens, one should not count the delayed time to bite.
– The Decoy will not stop moving until the command to end the exercise, then he must
immediately become absolutely still.
– For all attacks, once the decoy has started to work at the signal of the judge, and the handler gives another stabilization command (voice or gesture), it will be considered as avoiding early departure and penalized -10 for the start, -5 for GA; and the dog has to start again.
– For all attacks, a dog not biting at time of recall, or returns before the judge’s signal, loses 10pts for the return (plus points associated with seconds not biting).
– For all attacks, a dog that is not biting at the end of the exercise, but is trying to regain the bite, and whose handler recalls the dog on the judge’s signal will lose 5 points for the return (plus points associated with seconds not biting).
– Dogs that stop biting at the judge’s horn and returns to handler will lose 5 points for the return.
– For all attacks, a dog that creeps forward at the start line will lose -1 per meter up to 10 meter: it is considered an early departure before authorization of the judge and thus penalized.
For the Attack, the Decoy must use the accessory to test the dog’s courage, but must not use it to entice the dog to miss.